Rosebel Project
Country Suriname 
Province Brokopondo
Close to Paramaribo
Surface 170 km² / 42,007 acres
Latitude / Longitude 5 N 24 / 55 W 10
Print Valuation Travel To Property All neighbouring Properties Mines and deposits nearby All active properties nearby
Produces Gold -
Explores for
Last updated on 1/23/2011 - Terms of Use
Risk and valuation analysis of the Rosebel Project
Status Risk : Production
Title(s) of the Rosebel Project
IAMGOLD Corporation
Joint venture: 95%
Company ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
TitleCompany ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
The Rosebel open pit gold mine, acquired by IAMGOLD in November 2006 through its merger with Cambior. IAMGOLD's interest in Rosebel is held through 95% interest in Rosebel Gold Mines N.V. (RGM); the remaining 5% is held by the Republic of Suriname.  more...
EURO Ressources S.A.
Net Smelter Return: 10%
Company ProfileAll ProjectsCompany project page
TitleCompany ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
The Company’s principal asset is a 10% royalty interest on production from the Rosebel gold mine in Suriname. Rosebel is operated by IAMGOLD and has an estimated resource of +10MM oz of gold. The Company’s interest is on the first 7,000,000 ounces of more...
Location of the Rosebel Project
The mine is located in the Brokopondo district of Suriname, South America, approximately 2.5 hours by paved road from the airport at Paramaribo. The mine also has an air strip for emergencies.
History of the Rosebel Project
Cambior has been involved in the Rosebel project since 1994, earning a 50% interest through the funding of exploration and development. In 2002, Cambior acquired the remaining interest in the project from Golden Star Resources Ltd. Following an updat more...
Geology of the Rosebel Project
Most rocks in the Rosebel concession host at least one set of quartz veins, some of which are gold bearing. Early veins are usually deformed and are often cut by later veins. Primary gold mineralization mostly occurs in quartz and quartz-carbonite ve more...
Production history
GOLD (oz)295,000
Data last updated on : 12/31/2008
All information on this page comes from internal and external sources deemed reliable. This information might not be up to date, so please perform due diligence before making any conclusion or making any action. Do contact us should any information be missing or incorrect.