Chart usGOLD   Chart usSILVER  
 
Food for thought
Men go mad in herds but only come to their senses one by one
Charles Mackay  
Search for :
LATEST NEWS  :
MINING STOCKS  :
Subscribe
Write Us
Add to Google
Search on Ebay :
PRECIOUS METALS (US $)
Gold 1277.26-9.38
Silver 19.41-0.05
Platinum 1414.75-1.95
Palladium 902.80-1.10
WORLD MARKETS
DOWJONES 1709815
NASDAQ 458023
NIKKEI 15669192
ASX 565728
CAC 40 4380-1
DAX 94799
HUI 2463
XAU 1021
CURRENCIES (€)
AUS $ 1.4127
CAN $ 1.4299
US $ 1.3125
GBP (£) 0.7916
Sw Fr 1.2078
YEN 137.5930
CURRENCIES ($)
AUS $ 1.0765
CAN $ 1.0895
Euro 0.7619
GBP (£) 0.6031
Sw Fr 0.9201
YEN 104.8330
RATIOS & INDEXES
Gold / Silver65.80
Gold / Oil13.34
Dowjones / Gold13.39
COMMODITIES
Copper 3.150.00
WTI Oil 95.76-0.20
Nat. Gas 4.02-0.05
Market Indices
Metal Prices
RSS
Precious Metals
Graph Generator
Statistics by Country
Statistics by Metals
Advertise on 24hGold
Projects on Google Earth
Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
Country Canada 
Province British columbia
Close to Sparwood
Status PRODUCTION 
Surface 230 km² / 56,833 acres
Latitude / Longitude 49 N 44 / 114 W 48
Legends
Valorisation
Print Valuation Travel To Property All neighbouring Properties Mines and deposits nearby All active properties nearby
Produces Coal -
Develops
Explores for
Risk and valuation analysis of the Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
Status Risk : Production
Country Risk : Very Low
Resource Risk : 0.00%
Title(s) of the Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
Teck Resources Limited
Interest: 95%
Company ProfileAll ProjectsCompany website
TitleCompany ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
Teck Coal has a 95% partnership interest in the Elkview mine. The remaining 5% is held equally by Nippon Steel Corporation and POSCO, a Korean steel producer, each of which acquired a 2.5% interest in 2005 for US$25 million.
Location of the Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
The Elkview mine is located in the Elk Valley region of the southeastern British Columbia, 15 kilometres from Sparwood. The mine is located between the Coal Mountain mine to the south and the Line Creek mine to the norht.
 
History of the Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
Elkview Operations has the largest amount of reserves of the six Teck coal mines. With over 235 million tonnes of clean coal reserves, the mine life is more than 47 years at current production rates. Elkview is proud of its 35-year operating history, and of the fact it has successfully reclaimed over one-quarter of the land disturbed over the past four decades.
 
Reserves and resources of the Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
TonnageGradeReserves and resources
CoalCoal
tonton
 Proven164,700,0001.00 164 700 000
 Probable67,900,0001.00 67 900 000
 Proven and Probable232,600,0001.00 232 600 000
 Measured437,200,0001.00 437 200 000
 Indicated194,900,0001.00 194 900 000
 Mesured and Indicated632,100,0001.00 632 100 000
 Inferred196,700,0001.00 196 700 000
 Total1 061 400 0001 061 400 000
Definitions
Reserves and resources of the Elkview Coal Mine (Balmer Mine)
MetalTotalReservesResourcesUnitIn situ value
ProvenProbableProven and ProbableMeasuredIndicatedMesured and IndicatedInferred
 Coal1 061 400 000 164 700 000 67 900 000 232 600 000 437 200 000 194 900 000 632 100 000 196 700 000ton US$
Location
Data last updated on : 12/31/2008
Disclaimer
All information on this page comes from internal and external sources deemed reliable. This information might not be up to date, so please perform due diligence before making any conclusion or making any action. Do contact us should any information be missing or incorrect.
Cautionary Note to US Investors concerning estimates of Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources