Cempaka Project
Cempaka
Country Indonesia 
Province Kalimantan
Close to Banjarmasin
Status CARE AND MAINTENANCE 
Surface 80 km² / 19,768 acres
Latitude / Longitude 3 S 29 / 114 E 47
Legends
Valorisation
Print Valuation Travel To Property All neighbouring Properties Mines and deposits nearby All active properties nearby
Produces
Develops Diamonds -
Explores for
Last updated on 6/7/2010 - Terms of Use
Risk and valuation analysis of the Cempaka Project
Status Risk : Care and Maintenance
Country Risk : Very High
Title(s) of the Cempaka Project
BDI Mining Corp.
Interest: 80%
Company ProfileAll Projects
TitleCompany ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
Gem diamonds limited
Interest: 80%
Company ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
TitleCompany ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
Gem Diamonds acquired AIM traded BDI Mining in May 2007 for US$78.2 million. BDI Mining holds an 80% interest in the Cempaka alluvial diamond mine in south Kalimantan, Indonesia. Indonesian parastatal ANTAM owns the remaining 20%.
Location of the Cempaka Project
The Cempaka alluvial diamond mine is located 30km from the provincial city of Banjarmasin, in south-east Kalimantan, Indonesia. Acquired from Rio Tinto and Malaysia Mining Corporation in 2001, the mine lies within a 30 Year, 7th Generation Production more...
 
History of the Cempaka Project
The Cempaka diamond mine was commissioned in March 2005, when operations began in Danau Seran, and has since recovered over 34,000 carats of gem quality diamonds. Operations at the mine have now attained steady-state production, with monthly diamond recoveries presently averaging over 3,500 carats ahead of expanded production in Phase II mining.
 
Location
Data last updated on : 12/31/2008
Disclaimer
All information on this page comes from internal and external sources deemed reliable. This information might not be up to date, so please perform due diligence before making any conclusion or making any action. Do contact us should any information be missing or incorrect.