Chart usGOLD   Chart usSILVER  
 
Food for thought
If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed…
Mark Twain  
Search for :
LATEST NEWS  :
MINING STOCKS  :
Subscribe
Write Us
Add to Google
Search on Ebay :
PRECIOUS METALS (US $)
Gold 1287.010.21
Silver 19.450.00
Platinum 1419.500.75
Palladium 899.20-2.55
WORLD MARKETS
DOWJONES 1709815
NASDAQ 458023
NIKKEI 15425-35
ASX 56253
CAC 40 438115
DAX 94708
HUI 2463
XAU 1021
CURRENCIES (€)
AUS $ 1.4062
CAN $ 1.4278
US $ 1.3133
GBP (£) 0.7912
Sw Fr 1.2060
YEN 136.6700
CURRENCIES ($)
AUS $ 1.0710
CAN $ 1.0877
Euro 0.7614
GBP (£) 0.6024
Sw Fr 0.9177
YEN 104.0000
RATIOS & INDEXES
Gold / Silver66.17
Gold / Oil13.41
Dowjones / Gold13.29
COMMODITIES
Copper 3.150.01
WTI Oil 95.961.29
Nat. Gas 4.070.04
Market Indices
Metal Prices
RSS
Precious Metals
Graph Generator
Statistics by Country
Statistics by Metals
Advertise on 24hGold
Projects on Google Earth
Frontier Project
Frontier
Country Congo Dem. Rep. of 
Close to Ndola
Status PRODUCTION 
Latitude / Longitude 12 S 36 / 28 E 34
Legends
Valorisation
Print Valuation Travel To Property All neighbouring Properties Mines and deposits nearby All active properties nearby
Produces Copper -
Develops
Explores for
Risk and valuation analysis of the Frontier Project
Status Risk : Production
Country Risk : Important
Resource Risk : 20.00%
In situ value
3,145,687 $
Title(s) of the Frontier Project
First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
Interest: 95%
Company ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
TitleCompany ProfileAll ProjectsCompany websiteCompany project page
The Company’s 95% interest in Frontier is held by a subsidiary with the remaining 5% being held by the government of the DRC. Mining at Frontier is governed by two licences renewed in February of 2006. Each provides for the exclusive mineral rights to copper and other minerals and is valid for a period of 30 years. A number of leasehold interests secure access to the surface areas for mining.
Location of the Frontier Project
The Frontier mine is located near the town of Sakania in the DRC, within 2 kms of the Zambian border, and the paved highway that parallels it, roughly equidistant between the city of Ndola (35 kms) to the southeast and the Mopani smelter at Mufulira. It is also approximately 45 kms from First Quantum's Bwana Mkubwa SX/EW facility. The main railway from the Copperbelt in Zambia to Lubumbashi in the DRC passes within 5 kilometres of the Frontier site.
 
History of the Frontier Project
The Company’s discovery of Frontier resulted from an exploration program following a date review and soil sampling after the successful discovery and development of Lonshi. The area in which Frontier is located was explored in the 1930s and the 1970s. A copper occurrence at Frontier was first described by Union Minière in 1932. Companies which have explored this area include Rhodesian Anglo American Limited, Union Minière and a Japanese group in association with Sodimica. The Company, through its subsidiary Compagnie Minière de Sakania (“Comisa”), acquired exploration licences in respect of Frontier in January of 2001 and July of 2002.
 
Geology of the Frontier Project
Mineralization at Frontier is sediment hosted and epigenetic in style. It occurs higher in the stratigraphy than traditional Copperbelt deposits such as Mufulira and Nchanga.
 
Reserves and resources of the Frontier Project
TonnageGradeReserves and resources
CopperCopper
%lbs
 Inferred81,890,0001.152 076 170 242
 Total 81 890 0002 076 170 242
Definitions
Reserves and resources of the Frontier Project
MetalTotalReservesResourcesUnitIn situ value
ProvenProbableProven and ProbableMeasuredIndicatedMesured and IndicatedInferred
 Copper2 076 170 242 2 076 170 242lbs6 529 555 410 US$
Production history
Metal2010200920082007
COPPER (lbs)104,720,000203,486,667176,810,73419,206,672
Location
Data last updated on : 12/31/2007
Disclaimer
All information on this page comes from internal and external sources deemed reliable. This information might not be up to date, so please perform due diligence before making any conclusion or making any action. Do contact us should any information be missing or incorrect.
Cautionary Note to US Investors concerning estimates of Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources