The conference will be held at the Delta Edmonton Centre, Tuesday, February 12th, 2008.
Free To Attend
Delta Edmonton Centre
10222 - 102nd Street, Edmonton, AB
Tuesday, Feb 12th: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Drop by the booth and meet a representative of the Company or come listen to the corporate presentation for an update on how Commander Resources is applying its diversified exploration model.
Commander Corporate Presentation:
Diverse Mineral Projects from Yukon to Nunavut
Speaker: Ken Leigh, President
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Time Slot: 1:45pm - 2:30pm
If you have any questions or would like to speak with someone directly, please contact BMK Partners at 604-682-6032 or email email@example.com.
To learn more about Commander Resources. (CMD: TSX-V), please visit www.commanderresources.com
For more information about the conference please visit:
I thought I would drop you a brief note and give you a bit of an update.
We have had a very productive start to the year with a couple of excellent leverage deals and some key moves that allowed us to increase our working capital by about $1 million without issuing a single share of CMD. The power of leverage!
In the past week or so we have reported on results from our Hermitage uranium project. We are still waiting for more results. The results so far have identified extensions to areas of known mineralization and a new discovery from trenching. With most of the property covered by a thin veneer of overburden, we are successfully mapping uranium-bearing trends with a series of tests that will help focus further drilling.
On the Labrador Nickel project, we are preparing to resume the ground geophysical survey work that was started in the fall - we are still waiting on the results from the fall program - the exact re-start date will depend on weather and the availability of the contractor.
On the Baffin project, the deal we did to accelerate our ownership in the core property to 100%, will provide us with a better position from which to maximize the value of the asset. The appetite for large gold plays amongst the majors has increased with the price of gold as well as the recent deals we have seen in Nunavut. We are looking at several strategies to advance the project to the resource stage more aggressively while reducing risk to our shareholders.
- all of the characteristics of the Voisey's Bay deposit exist on the property area
- we have owned our position in the area since Voisey's Bay was discovered
- it is one of the best nickel projects in Canada
- we re-activated it in the fall along with our partner, Donner Metals
- the first work planned is detailed geophysics to define drill targets
- work commenced in the fall, 2007 - we are awaiting results
- work will continue in March/April
- results of the geophysical work and all existing data will be used to outline the best drill target opportunities for testing later this year
Baffin Gold, Nunavut
- 2007 work focused on testing gold prospects outside of the main zones in order to identify new "hot-spots" and understand the inventory of gold targets
- Two new discoveries were made bringing the total to 17, one with the drill at the Peninsula prospect and a prospecting discovery - Hebert
Hermitage Uranium, Newfoundland
- Great location - road. Ports, power; near-surface potential
- Target is open-pit resource with 0.10% U3O8 or better - lower grade may also work
- 26 uranium occurrences on large property
- awaiting remainder of results from the fall program
We are still awaiting final results and updates from our partners on the BC properties and the Olympic Property, Yukon
We are still awaiting results from our partner's work on the Cochrane Pond property
We will be seeking high quality deals on our Ontario and New Brunswick properties this year
President & CEO
Commander Resources Ltd.
510-510 Burrard Street
tel (604) 484 7110
fax (604) 685 2814